Tuesday, 25 August 2026

Side hustles don’t fail because people are lazy. They fail because the model doesn’t fit their actual life.

 As a dad, recruiter and content creator, I see a pattern with creative/tech professionals:  

they try to copy someone else’s hustle instead of designing one around their skills, time and energy.

A side hustle that works in the createch space usually has three traits:  

– It uses skills you already get paid for (design, dev, strategy, content).  

– It has a clear, simple offer (e.g. “I audit your portfolio and fix your positioning in 7 days”).  

– It fits into small, predictable blocks of time (evenings, early mornings, weekends).

Start small:  

– One clear offer  

– One simple landing page or post  

– One platform where you show up consistently

You don’t need a massive brand to start generating “proof of concept” income. You need a focused offer and the courage to talk about it.

I’ll be sharing more on side hustles that work for creative/tech professionals – without burning out your career or family.  

Everything lives in one place: linktr.ee/dean.cousin

No comments:

Post a Comment